What is Pet Protect Guelph?
Pet Protect Guelph is a pet fostering program to help those who are:
- Precariously housed
- Women fleeing domestic violence
- Individuals recovering from a medical procedure
- Seeking addictions or mental health treatment
Our team consists of volunteers, foster families, trainers, and vet clinics. When someone requires our help, the Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition, social service agencies, and surrounding neighbourhood groups refer them to us. We then find a foster family who can take care of their pets for the duration of time needed.
Our Mission is to:
- Provide a temporary, safe home for pets with our foster families
- Use science-based practices to optimize animal welfare
This project was funded in part by the Eric S. Margolis Foundation :